UDL Tips for Developing Learning Goals
Goals are the foundation of any effective learning experience — whether it is a face-to-face class, a remote learning opportunity, or other kind of learning interaction. When we clarify what we want learners to accomplish, then we can select flexible assessments, methods, and materials that effectively support that goal.
UDL Tips for Developing Learning Goals:
- Start with a clear goal.
- Share goals in multiple ways.
- Frame goals with expert learning in mind.
- Separate the goal from the means.
- Prepare your assessment with the goals in mind.
- Include opportunities for personal connections to the goals.
- Divide large goals into sub-goals or objectives.
- Consider the process as well as the end product.
- Provide models and examples.
- Make time for reflection.
CAST (2020). UDL Tips for Developing Learning Goals. Wakefield, MA: Author. Retrieved from https://www.cast.org/products-services/resources/2020/udl-tips-developing-learning-goals