The 9th Annual CAST UDL Symposium: Through the Lens of UDL
Monday, July 31 – Tuesday, August 1, 2023
This year's Symposium will be held online and in-person at the Westin Denver Downtown.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a framework for addressing the educational needs of diverse and variable learners in many settings across many stages of life. It is a means to eradicate persistent inequities in education—and it is an even more powerful tool when used as a lens for shaping educational systems, designs, and initiatives.
This year’s Annual Symposium invites experts across a variety of fields to explore more deeply the ways in which UDL can be used as a lens to see the work of teaching and learning. We hope to both highlight the promising ways UDL has already made great practices even better and to co-create a vision for making UDL ubiquitous as a lens for our collective work of designing learning without limits.
Find out more about the CAST UDL Symposium.
By engaging in online and in-person sessions that encourage innovative ideas, systemic thinking, and application of theory to practice, participants will:
- Explore the unique ways UDL can enhance and improve the most cutting-edge practices in education today.
- Be inspired to use UDL as a framework for designing and pulling together multiple initiatives across a school, university, or workplace.
- Consider the crosswalks of UDL and other promising educational frameworks.
- Imagine innovative policies and practices that complement and advance the goals of UDL.
- Challenge their own assumptions about teaching, instruction, and learning.
The in-person option for this year's Symposium will be held at the the Westin Denver Downtown. We have secured a room block specifically for Symposium participants. If you are interested in booking a room at a discount rate, please be sure to book your room using the booking website before July 7, 2023.
Ticket Purchase Information
Paying with a Purchase Order: If you are paying for your Symposium ticket with an invoice, Purchase Orders must be submitted at the time of registration to submit your order successfully. All Purchase Orders should be uploaded to the Purchase Order Submission Form at the time of registration.