At CAST, we know that every employee, including our interns, contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and Universal Design for Learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to transform education design and practice until learning has no limits—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
We value the contributions that interns make to our innovative capacity and knowledge base. Therefore, in addition to the project work that interns do, interns are included in meetings and other events that include training, brainstorming sessions, guest speakers and project presentations.
Past interns at CAST have...
- participated in research prototype development teams
- contributed to subject-specific literature reviews
- collected research data in schools
- created multi-media products
- developed online materials for websites and applications
- designed logos, posters, bookmarks, and other print publications
- illustrated digital books for children
- participated in designing professional learning events and materials
How do I apply?
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your top 2 internship preferences from our current opportunities
- Your resume and cover letter
- List of 3 references
What else do I need to know?
We run our internship program in the fall, spring and summer.
The application deadlines for application submissions are:
- Summer: May 1
For our summer internship cycle, we will reach out for interviews in early May for a June start date.
- Fall: September 1
For our fall internship cycle, we will reach out for interviews in early September for an October start date.
- Spring: January 15
For our spring internship cycle, we will reach out for interviews in late January for an early March start date.
At the end of the internship, CAST provides interns with a letter of completion, which includes a formal description of the projects they contributed to and the work they completed. In addition, interns are paid a generous stipend for 120 hours of work.