Institutes & Online Courses
CAST offers a variety of opportunities for educators at any level to expand and enrich their understanding and implementation of UDL. Our institutes and courses help meet the challenge of reaching the widest variety of learners in the most effective way possible.
Looking for something tailored just for you? CAST’s Customized Professional Learning meets the individual needs of schools, districts, and states.
Are you a postsecondary educator? Learn more about our postsecondary online course.
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
Three self-paced online courses to meet your flexible scheduling needs. Educators can take these courses at any time.
Designed exclusively for higher education, this course includes strategies to remove barriers to learning for postsecondary students.
Monday, February 27 – Friday, April 21, 2023
Learn the core concepts and foundations of UDL, practical applications of UDL to lesson design, and how to support flexible, inclusive instruction.
Thursday, March 23 – Friday, March 24, 2023
Designed for educators who have a handle on the UDL core concepts and are ready for the next step in their learning. Prerequisite: Introduction to UDL.
Monday, April 10 – Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Designed for passionate educational leaders who are familiar with the UDL framework and are looking to implement it in their school or district.
Thursday, April 20 – Thursday, May 11, 2023
About Our Institutes
CAST offers a variety of interactive and experiential institutes to assist educators in developing action plans for the exploration, integration, and implementation of UDL. These two- or three-day workshops provide participants with innovative tools for teaching and learning. Available in-person or virtually.
Please contact Patrice Morrison for more information about our institutes.
About Our Online Courses
Available as facilitated or non-facilitated, scheduled or self-paced, our online courses cover a range of topics including: introduction to UDL, English Language Learners, and Cultural and Linguistic Variability.
- All scheduled courses are facilitated and run every spring, summer, and fall.
- Self-paced courses run continuously throughout the year. Participants can begin these courses at any time.
See our Online Course Withdrawal Policy.
Please contact Patrice Morrison for more information about any of our online courses.
Graduate credit is available for select courses and institutes. Learn more in our Graduate Credit FAQ.
Customized Professional Learning
We enable any educational organization to work closely with CAST's UDL experts to identify issues and challenges; develop goals and action plans for sustainable change; facilitate discussions around how to build consensus among teams and cohorts; and implement innovative, job-embedded professional learning that ensures long-term growth and improvement.
CAST’s customized solutions are designed to address the needs that educational organizations face in meeting the challenges of learner variability. We work with educational leaders and collaboratively plan the right combination of services that may include:
- Online courses, webinars, and onsite workshops that develop content knowledge and application skills for paraprofessionals, general education teachers, special education teachers, and other school-based professionals
- Innovative, job-embedded professional development to teach the coaching of UDL so that schools and districts can independently scale their UDL implementation
- Leadership workshops that guide administrators through the creation of a diverse UDL team, analysis of school/district data, development of an implementation plan, implementation and evaluation of change cycles, and long-term, ongoing improvement.
For more information about our Customized Solutions or to book your consultation, contact email@example.com.