S.01, Ep.06: How Assistive Technology Opens the Door to Opportunity in Oregon
Listen & Download
Bruce Alter and Jamie Maier have developed a strong partnership aimed at improving access for all students in Oregon’s Tigard-Tualatin School District. In this episode, Bruce and Jaimie share powerful personal and professional stories highlighting the power of assistive technology and accessible educational materials. They also share a number of tips and lessons learned from their district’s experience ensuring continuity of learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bruce Alter, Physical Therapist and AT Consultant, Tigard-Tualatin School District & Woodburn School District
- Jamie Maier, AT Specialist, Tigard-Tualatin School District
- Seeing (and Hearing) is Believing: Bookshare’s Audio Support Unlocks Door to Reading
- Expert Insights: AT Specialist Tackles the Unknown with Innovative Digital Tools and UDL
- Personalizing the Reading Experience
- Voice Dream Reader
- Texthelp Read&Write
The contents of this podcast were developed under a cooperative agreement with the US Department of Education, #H327Z190004. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the US Department of Education and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Project Officer: Rebecca Sheffield, Ph.D.