Ideas for Engaging Students in Career & Technical Education (Regardless of Modality)
Flexibility, inclusivity and relevancy are key to driving engagement in career and technical education (CTE). By using the tips highlighted in this resource, school and district leaders can equip teachers to engage every student in CTE—regardless of instructional modality.
UDL Tips for Engaging Students in CTE
- Guide instruction with an evidence-based framework.
- Recognize what's already working.
- Personalize instruction, provide flexibility.
- Emphasize application.
- Prioritize accessibility.
- Address systemic barriers, increase representation.
- Leverage proven resources.
CAST (2022). Ideas for Engaging Students in Career and Technical Education (Regardless of Modality). Wakefield, MA: Author. Retrieved from https://www.cast.org/products-services/resources/2022/tips-engaging-students-career-technical-education-cte.