Job type: Full time salaried position
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to LDjobs@cast.org. No calls please.
CAST is developing credentials and certifications to help qualify competence in and alignment with UDL best practices. These credentials and certifications are available on a system called Learning Designed, enabling educators across the globe to learn more about UDL and voluntarily demonstrate their competence. Our goal is to grow Learning Designed, creating outstanding, industry-leading opportunities for education professionals to benefit from the learning resources and activities available, as well as network with each other.
CAST is hiring a Support Specialist for Learning Designed who will meet the growth requirements in both proactive and reactive user support. This Support Specialist will also coordinate with the project and product leadership, as well as CAST’s development, professional learning, and communications teams to stimulate growth in sales and marketing of Learning Designed.
In conjunction with the Learning Designed Team and under the guidance of the Director of Business Development, the Support Specialist will:
- Customer Support
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channels
- Collaborate with subscribers, as well as CAST’s professional learning and research teams to setup and activate accounts in Learning Designed
- Support Learning Designed subscribers with implementation and usage inquiries
- Produce and organize weekly, monthly, and annual status and usage reports
- Track support tickets, coordinate with developers, and respond to customers
- Promote engagement in Learning Designed through proactive outreach
- Sales Support
- Perform sales demos for potential customers
- Prepare price quotes for potential customers
- Record and track sales and marketing activities in Salesforce
- Marketing Support
- Coordinate development of marketing materials for advertisement/promotion
- Prepare promotion and demonstration slide presentations for potential customers
- Draft scripts for overview videos and coordinate production of overview videos
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 1 or more years of experience in online customer support for a platform-based, Software-as-a-Service product
- 1 or more years of experience within the education market (K12 and/or Higher Education)
- Proficient English speaker
- User Support Management: Experience with support tracking solutions like JIRA
- Communication: Support Specialist must have strong professional conversation etiquette, especially in person, on the phone, and via video conference when interacting with business partners and customers. Support Specialist must be able to clearly and succinctly explain concepts while maintaining adept listening skills and reacting to customer needs and supporting customers with issues.
- Business Software Literacy: In addition to data entry and typing, the Support Specialist must have knowledge and skill working with spreadsheet, word processing, and slide presentation software, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Customer Relationship Management: Support Specialist must be comfortable in tracking and managing customer information; ideally experienced in solutions like Salesforce
- Time Management and Organization: Support Specialist must be organized and efficient with document storage and retrieval, managing personal and team calendar appointments, and collaborating with supervisor and team members to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently.
- Problem-solving: Support Specialist should be able to use critical and creative thinking to identify and resolve issues while working with team members and/or customers.
- Ability to interact with and help people with the goal of empowering and educating our customers.
- Work schedule is somewhat flexible and must include 50% or more time available during regular business hours (8am-5pm ET).
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.