Job type: Full time salaried position
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to LDjobs@cast.org. No calls please.
CAST is developing credentials and certifications to help qualify competence in and alignment with UDL best practices. These credentials and certifications are available on a system called Learning Designed, enabling educators across the globe to learn more about UDL and voluntarily demonstrate their competence. Our goal is to grow Learning Designed, creating outstanding, industry-leading opportunities for education professionals to benefit from the learning resources and activities available, as well as network with each other.
Critical to the success of Learning Designed is a wide array of high-quality learning resources and activities that build competence in UDL. CAST is dedicated to establishing a vibrant Content Partner program to curate and create the best UDL learning resources and activities within Learning Designed. CAST is hiring a Content Specialist to help establish, grow, and maintain the highest quality learning resources on Learning Designed, including support of our Content Partner program.
In conjunction with the Learning Designed Team and under the guidance of the Director of Business Development, the Content Specialist will:
Promote UDL Best Practices
Populate Learning Designed with learning resources and activities that:
- Provide substantive learning opportunities, focusing on UDL best practices
- Emulate UDL, demonstrating multiple means of representation, engagement, and action/expression.
- Adhering to a minimum set of accessibility requirements (i.e., WCAG 2.1 Level AA).
Nurture Favorable User Engagement
Nurture favorable engagement as measured by focus groups, usage analytics, and online surveys, including the following criteria:
- Positive first impression – ensuring satisfaction with the learning resources and activities presented, including how it is presented and the substance of what is available.
- Positive ongoing impressions of quality and usefulness of learning resources and activities – ensuring motivation to return for more, as measured by platform analytics and online surveys.
- Establish quality measurements that are focused on high ratings/impressions from target audiences with strong indications that users will come back and encourage others to engage in the platform.
- Establish and implement processes and tools to respond to target audiences’ ongoing learning resource and activity requests.
Cultivate Content Partners
- Scale high-quality learning resources and activities (“content”) in the platform through a growing network of Content Partner contributors (e.g., providers and developers).
- Cultivate relationships with Content Partner organizations who are motivated and capable to increase the volume and quality of UDL learning resources and activities that meet the criteria listed below.
- Manage signed agreements, adherence to timelines, and tracking user feedback related to partner resources.
- Provide technical support to Content Partners to deliver content with expected specifications, accessibility and features commensurate with UDL principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Education background with experience designing and adapting learning activities.
- Strong understanding of and passion for Universal Design for Learning.
- High-energy, collaborative, tech-savvy networker who is extremely comfortable with and has strong experience in establishing partnerships.
- Experience in curating learning resources and activities for professional development.
- Comfort working on development of online platforms for sharing of learning resources and best practices.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and extremely comfortable working with a dynamic, virtual team.
- Experience and knowledge of data entry, spreadsheets, and slide presentation software, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Organized and efficient with document storage and retrieval, managing personal and team calendar appointments, and collaborating with supervisor and team members to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently.
- Communicates clearly and able to succinctly explain concepts, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use critical and creative thinking to identify and resolve issues while working with team members and/or customers.
- Ability to interact with and help people with the goal of empowering and educating our customers.
- Work schedule is somewhat flexible and must include 50% or more time available during regular business hours (8am-5pm ET).
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.