Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with all inquiries. No calls please.
CAST seeks an outstanding and visionary executive with a proven record in financial and programmatic growth to assume overall responsibility for the leadership and management of the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be an exceptional leader with unusually strong strategic acumen, intellectual breadth, commitment to mission, operational knowledge, and practical experience engaging with nonprofits, governments, and businesses.
The next CEO must work with the Board and staff to chart a course for dramatic growth and impact, all while embracing CAST’s rich history, integrity of program offerings, and unyielding commitment to equity and access. This entrepreneurial attitude and laser focus on growth must be balanced with commitment to financial stability and sustainability. Additionally, CAST’s next CEO must continue to prioritize internal culture while leading through change. They will be skilled at hiring, developing, retaining, and leading a diverse, talented, and results-oriented team. Leading by example, they will continue to professionalize the organization while maintaining commitment to collaboration, collegiality, and inclusivity.
Externally, the CEO must be a strong and credible ambassador who can build effective partnerships and alliances with important constituencies, including government agencies, foundations, corporations, other research organizations, educators, scientists, policy-makers, and individual donors. They must navigate effectively in the local, national, and international arenas, and at the highest levels of civil society, business, science, academia, and philanthropy. They must provide the vision, business acumen and management skill to amplify CAST’s visibility and brand in the service of delivering UDL to all learners. As a public spokesperson for the organization, this leader also must be a tireless advocate for equity, which has long been at CAST’s and UDL’s core.
The CEO will:
- Drive short and long-term strategic planning in partnership with the Board and the staff.
- Serve as an evangelist for UDL; grow the organization and dramatically increase its reach and impact.
- Preserve the integrity and excellence of CAST’s R&D, ensuring that the core research opportunities anticipate and inform the future of learning.
- Amplify CAST’s story and brand while also drawing attention to the evidence-based practices behind UDL.
- Ensure UDL principles are grounded in equity, diversity, and inclusion to promote systemic changes in learning environments that result in greater accessibility and student success.
- Ensure CAST continues to diversify its staff, Board, and advisors so as to ensure its expertise and experience reflect and serve a diverse constituency in authentic, equitable, impactful, and empowering ways.
- Prioritize the diversification of revenue and funding streams; bring a creative, entrepreneurial orientation and business acumen.
- Set priorities, clarify organizational strategy, and make difficult decisions around resource allocation when necessary.
- Develop and lead strategic partnerships with constituents in various arenas including other nonprofits, the private sector, academia, and more; help CAST act as a convenor and “meta thought leader” around UDL and its power to enact change.
- Provide leadership for systemic change initiatives in schools, school districts and state departments of education to further the implementation of UDL and the documentation and assessment of its effectiveness in advancing student understanding and performance.
- Uncover and seize new and untapped opportunities, and position the organization to pursue those opportunities.
- Lead and motivate diverse, high performing teams; foster collaboration and inclusivity while increasing the organization’s professional maturity.
- Develop annual operating and financial plans for the organization that will balance long-term goals with short-term revenue, cash flow and operating margin objectives.
- Lead CAST into a new era to realize the full promise of UDL both as a science and a practice.