Friday, March 13, 2020
At CAST, we realize the coronavirus (COVID-19) provides a complex situation for everyone to plan around in your professional practice. CAST is monitoring the situation closely. The safety and wellbeing of our staff and our participants are our highest priority during these uncertain times.
As of April 24, 2020:
The following CAST/UDL-IRN in-person events have been canceled, postponed, or moved to an online venue:
- Intro to UDL: Addressing the Variability of All Learners
April 16 – 17, 2020
- UDL Implementation Academy
April 23 – 24, 2020
- Universal Design for Learning: Exploring UDL Through Cycles of Design, Action, and Reflection
October 3 – 6, 2020
Hosted by Harvard Graduate School of Education Professional Education
In-person residential program rescheduled from May to October 2020
- The 2020 UDL-IRN International Summit On Demand
June 1 – 5, 2020
- The 6th Annual CAST UDL Symposium, UDL Rising: Designing for Equity
August 5 – 7, 2020
If you have booked CAST for a professional learning event or training for your school, district, or organization, CAST is currently operating under the cancellation policy stated in our contracts:
Cancellations made 30 days or more in advance of the event date will not be charged. Cancellations made within 30 days – 7 days in advance of the event date will be charged 25% of the total contract amount. Cancellations made within 7 days of the event date will be charged 50% of the total contract amount plus travel expenses that cannot be refunded.
We would like to explore alternative options with you for your in-person event or training, such as rescheduling or utilizing a remote learning option. Please reach out to our professional learning team as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend everyone to make professional travel decisions based on their own individual context. We also encourage people to follow primary source guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We encourage everyone to adopt precautions suggested by the WHO:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Maintain social distancing (1 meter, or 3 feet) from anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands.
- Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and stay home.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider.
We encourage individuals to review the safety precautions provided by the WHO and the CDC to develop a better understanding of the situation.
The information on this page will be updated. You are encouraged to check back regularly.
From all of us at CAST, we wish you the best of health. Together, we will continue to work tirelessly for learners everywhere, until learning has no limits.