Monday, April 13 – Tuesday, April 14, 2015
A 10% discount is offered to teams of three or more people from the same institution who register together.
CAST's Introduction to Universal Design for Learning Institute or UDL101/101M online course.
The Presenters' Academy is designed to help educators build professional development capacity in schools, districts, or postsecondary institutions. In this institute participants will be coached on strategies to deliver introductory UDL content as a UDL facilitator.
Because every classroom, school system, and higher education organization is different--and because there is variability within systems--it makes sense to train presenters who understand that context to lead UDL content delivery and discussion in those settings. This can help ensure that site-specific initiatives and school processes are considered during efforts to scale and optimize UDL in those organizations. Participants for this institute should already have an understanding of UDL.
Using the UDL framework and its practical guidelines, participants will gain:
- Strategies for presenting UDL background to colleagues
- Tips for building Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) around UDL
- Tools to support lesson development and action planning
- Resources to deepen understanding of the research behind UDL and the UDL Guidelines
- Examples of organizations that have implemented UDL and the strategies that they used to implement UDL effectively