At CAST we reflect on all aspects of a learning environment before a learner walks into the room. Using the UDL framework, we can proactively design learning environments so that everyone can work toward becoming expert learners.
UDL Tips for Learning Environments:
- Design the space to match the goal.
- Offer resource areas accessible to all.
- Integrate digital resources and materials.
- Highlight the learning processes in the environment.
- Ensure access to target goals in the learning environment.
CAST (2016). UDL Tips for Learning Environments. Wakefield, MA: Author. Retrieved from http://www.cast.org/publications/2016/udl-tips-learning-environments