Thursday, October 22 – Friday, October 23, 2020
9:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
We know from experience and neuroscience that individuals learn in varied ways. Universal Design for Learning (UDL) provides educators with practical strategies and techniques to ensure that all learners can meet high expectations, such as the Common Core State Standards. In this introductory, boutique-style institute (enrollment is limited to 30), participants learn the research basis for UDL, practical applications of UDL to lesson design, and helpful technology tools that support flexible, inclusive instruction.
Using the UDL framework and its practical guidelines, participants will gain:
- A working knowledge of the neuroscience of learning and how individual variability plays out in different educational environments
- Guidelines and techniques to apply UDL principles to the design of lessons and curriculum units
- Strategies on how to improve classroom practice and school culture by raising awareness of variability and UDL
Upon completion of the institute, participants will receive an official CAST certificate.
To learn more about this institute, contact Patrice Morrison at email@example.com.
Who should enroll?
Educators (general, special education, curriculum coordinators, administrators, instructional technology specialists, paraprofessionals, college and university faculty, adult education faculty and presenters, etc.) and teams of educators at all levels who are interested in learning about:
- How to address the learner variability in every classroom and school
- How to support students to become expert learners
- Cutting edge research from the learning sciences
- How to implement UDL strategies into their practice
This institute is also open to parents who are interested in learning about UDL and how it can benefit their children.
Fee: $695 per person
A 10% discount is offered to teams of three or more people from the same institution.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
All cancellations must be made 14 days prior to the first day of the institute. A full refund, minus a $35 processing fee, will be issued at that time. Cancellations made within 14 days of the institute cannot be refunded (this includes no-shows). Substitute registrations are encouraged. Please email Patrice Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel or substitute your registration.