Join CAST’s dynamic research and development team and help build and shape CAST's innovation agenda!
Position Status: Open. To start immediately. Preference given to candidates who can work onsite at CAST in Wakefield, MA.
Job Type: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
Job Description & Responsibilities
CAST seeks a Senior Research Scientist who is well established in the larger R & D community, regarded as an expert, and able to secure funds and partnerships. He/she will serve in a visionary leadership role for the organization. The position requires continuing to innovate within an established dynamic line of work aligned to CAST mission and vision. This effort includes:
- Maintaining and extending network of external partnerships around research and development activities
- Leading successful proposal development efforts to secure funding for new projects
- Serving as Principal Investigator or Project Director on a variety of R & D projects
- Designing, executing and disseminating qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Creating and advancing body of knowledge around UDL
- Contributing to strategic direction of CAST relative to mission
- Supervising and mentoring more early career research scientists, and/or research associates
- As a thought leader consulting and advising educational institutions and personnel on the application of research findings: redefining frameworks, changing policy, etc.
- Participating in national organizations and advisory boards, serving on review panels, consulting on external projects, and/or collaborating on policy formulation
- PhD or EdD or equivalent in education, psychology, neuroscience or educational technology or related field
- Typically: 12 years post-doctoral experience in academic or industry job within education
- Knowledge of current education policy and practice environments
- Deep understanding of the way people learn and best practices in education
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Universal Design for Learning preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in agile product development environment
- Ability to mentor, support and develop early career scientists
- Existing and strong relationships with relevant funders, collaborators, supporting organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: listening, asking questions, expressing ideas, decision making, resolving conflict, writing, presenting
R & D Domains of Interest
- Specific domain expertise in one or more of the following: literacy, STEM, affect/motivation, online learning, assessment, K-12 education, early childhood education, postsecondary education, accessible instructional materials, technology-supported education
- Knowledge of diverse learners: students with disabilities, English language learners, children from low SES backgrounds
- Expertise in the learning sciences and especially in work that bridges theory, research and practical application
Technical Skill Qualifications
- Methodological and analytical expertise in one or more of the following: design based implementation research, experimental research, assessment design and evaluation, implementation science, improvement science
- Proven track record of quantitative, design-based, and/or qualitative research skills and analysis methods, with appropriate publications and/or products to demonstrate this capacity
- Proficient project management skills
- Strong track record in securing funding
- Substantial publishing and dissemination record
- Ability to think both incrementally and disruptively within research and development that seeds innovation within education
- Full-time with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
- Preference given to candidates who can work onsite in Wakefield, MA
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.