Join CAST’s dynamic research and development team and help build and shape our innovation research agenda!
Job type: Full time with benefits
Start date: Immediately
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
CAST is seeking a dynamic Research Associate for a full-time position working with CAST R & D team. The Research Associate participates in the design and development of CAST’s products, instructional approaches, prototypes and models through an agile development process involving iterative cycles of development working with schools, teachers, and students.
Topical Areas of Interest
- Specific content expertise in one or more of the following: literacy, STEM, affect/motivation, online/blended learning, assessment, K-12 education, early childhood education, postsecondary education, accessible instructional materials, technology-supported education.
- Knowledge of diverse learners: students with disabilities, English language learners, children from low SES backgrounds.
- Expertise in the learning/cognitive sciences a plus especially in work that bridges theory, research, and practical application.
- Contribute to grant and research proposals (e.g., review research, define concepts, methods, processes)
- Collaborate with research teams to develop and implement data collection for research projects, including usability and pilot testing in schools and other learning environments.
- Aggregate, analyze and present data to teams to facilitate and inform next steps.
- Facilitate interactions of research project teams (i.e., communication, task lists, schedules, team meetings, etc.)
- Help to facilitate regular communication among partners from outside organizations.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by conducting literature reviews and disseminating research findings to the research team.
- Collaborate with research teams on teacher workshops/trainings for research projects.
- Disseminate project results with other team members through articles, journals, conference presentations or other dissemination vehicles.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Technology, Design or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the way students learn
- Knowledge of UDL and experience in schools or other educational settings is a plus
- Full-time with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
- Ability to work onsite at CAST in Wakefield, MA preferred
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners. We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.