Want to change the world with us?
Position Status: Open. To start immediately.
Job Type: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
CAST seeks a Project Manager to plan, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of specific projects and to troubleshoot any issues that arise. The Project manager will establish and implement management processes and methodologies for team members to ensure on time, on budget, and high quality deliverables. They will work closely with Primary Investigators to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and that needed resources are available. This person will have strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills working with the project team including technology, design, and content developers. CAST R&D teams employ the agile development process and having some experience with this process is desirable.
- Coordinating project activities, resources, and information
- Ensure projects are on time and on budget
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators and external partners to facilitate efficient use of resources
- Collaborate with internal design, technology, and instructional design teams to coordinate work flow
- Prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources and timeframes
- Manage an Agile development process using tools such as Jira
- Coordinate research activities
- Monitor project progress and handle situations that arise
- Other duties as assigned by project leaders.
- Master’s or equivalent in related field. Understanding of the education market a plus
- 3 or more years’ experience in project management
- Working for Nonprofit a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in agile product development environment
- Experience using project management tools, such as Jira, Excel, and others as appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: listening, asking questions, expressing ideas, decision making, resolving conflict
- Proficient project management skills fostering teamwork
- Well organized, creative, and resourceful in building solutions in best interest of project within organizational goals
- Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning preferred
- Full-time with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.