Job Type: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
The IT Specialist is responsible and accountable for our technology and facilities systems and managing their daily operations. The successful candidate should have the appropriate technology skills, professional experience, knowledge of the industry’s best practice and possess the agility to deal with any kind of technology with a can-do attitude.
- Responsible for all support and troubleshooting of CAST desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, servers, printers, office equipment, and software.
- Responsible for the purchase, set up, maintenance of all office equipment (printers, copiers, fax, postage meters, etc.).
- Upgrades existing equipment, including both hardware and software installations.
- Maintains and monitors CAST’s offsite cloud backup system, and the file/project server onsite disk based backup system.
- Assists and supports CAST staff working at home or presenting/meeting off-site with technology issues such as email connection difficulties and Zoom, Webex or similar meeting platforms.
- Manages users and groups on CAST’s Office 365 nonprofit subscription.
- Manages internal AD user and group accounts.
- Purchases and sets up MAC or Windows laptop computers for employees.
- Provides general IT/Facilities orientation to staff.
- Maintains and troubleshoots webcams & other video/audio conferencing equipment in CAST conference rooms. This includes troubleshooting connection issues with Zoom, WebEx, etc.
- Purchases and manages accounts for cloud based collaboration tools and meeting platforms such as Zoom and WebEx, and for other products such as SurveyGizmo. Manages licenses and purchases of other software as needed.
- Responsible for conducting an annual capital equipment needs assessment to assist with the creation of the next fiscal year CAST capital budget.
- Purchases technology related expense items and maintains approved budget figures for such items.
- Maintains and updates computer inventory and technology purchases databases.
- Works with the Senior Network Engineer on the monitoring and maintenance of the CAST telephone and network systems.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors to ensure maintenance of office/building (security/door card system, HVAC, plumbing, overhead lighting, cleaning company supervision, building superintendent, painting, carpet cleaning, recycling, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with all members of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 3-5 years related experience
- Industry certifications and membership a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
- Experience with overseeing office facilities
- Full-time with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.