Help lead our growing Professional Learning team!
Start Date: Immediately
Job Type: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience
Reports to: CEO
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
The Director of Professional Learning will be responsible for shaping and overseeing the design and delivery of products and services related to the implementation of UDL principles and guidelines to multiple audiences nationally and internationally. This position will ensure quality service delivery to sites, the design of a professional development program for implementation staff, general oversight and professional support for all Division efforts and the identification of appropriate strategic (programming and marketing) alliances.
- Foster an overall atmosphere of respect, creativity, productivity, and innovation.
- Oversee the delivery of technical assistance and support for the adoption of UDL principles and guidelines; ensure quality consistency and fidelity to UDL values and principles.Define “role sets”, web of supports, and ways of delivering the work.
- Develop training and development program that prepares staff to respond effectively and efficiently to client needs, opportunities, and successes with the knowledge and skill associated with standards of excellence.
- Build and manage annual Professional Learning budget.
- Identify resources (human and material) that are relevant to implementation activities and develop mechanisms for accessing and sharing knowledge internally.
- Provide leadership in fostering continuous programmatic improvement and development.
- Develop cooperative relationships with state and district personnel; formalize state and district engagement process.
- Oversee the design and organization of national and regional events that focus on core elements of the UDL principles and guidelines (i.e. Annual Symposium).
- Collaborate to develop opportunities for new work and revenue streams.
- Build compendium of existing program activities and materials, identify best practices and determine where further development is needed; oversee service delivery related to roll out of new products.
- Manage external consultants (Cadre) who provide services to sites.
- Oversee hiring of PL Division staff.
- Manage public relations.
- Participate as a member of CAST Leadership Team.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Education, 10 plus years’ experience.
- Expertise in UDL and its application to instructional practice preferred.
- Successful track record in recruiting and retaining a diverse team; experience in urban settings preferred.
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within a client or partnership organization including: PreK-12 superintendents, principals, teachers, college/university faculty, workforce personnel, etc.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities; track record of effectively marshaling disparate resources to achieve complex objectives.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation; ability to build effective management/governance processes.
- Willingness to travel.
CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.