Want to change the world with us?
Job Type: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
The Development Associate position is primarily responsible for assisting the Director of Development to carry out the growth of CAST’s nascent Annual Fund. The Associate will be responsible for achieving specific revenue goals, assist in overseeing a variety of development activities and donor relations, and to assist in ensuring the long-term sustainability of the program. The person in this position will also manage development operations including communications, research and other development back office systems.
- Strategize annual campaign fundraising efforts with Chief Development Officer
- Oversee and manage internal and external solicitations for annual campaigns
- Collaborate with CAST teams in identification of target audiences and creation of contact mailing lists/elists
- Collaborate with Design and Digital Communication teams for identification of additional campaign materials and communication pushes throughout campaigns
- Develop and coordinate solicitation communications through email/MailChimp/USPS
- Process/post donations on development reports and Salesforce/Affinaquest database
- Send donation acknowledgements using email/MailChimp/USPS
- Creation and tracking of overall annual campaign data
- Where appropriate, manage relationships with individual annual donors
- Identify potential donors who have the capacity to move from annual to major donors
- Assist the database administrator (Salesforce/Affinaquest/iWave)
- Assist in Development communications to external organizations and individuals
- Update ongoing Development financial reports, and current Secured Support/Revenue list
- Prepare/update Development documentation for Board meetings
- Establish and direct the systems and procedures for effective research and prospect development activities
- Copy-editing proposals
- Coordinate fundraising and special events when necessary
- Travel coordination, meeting organization, and documentation preparation for CDO (as needed)
- Assist with training and use of electronic systems for federal/private grants and reports (as needed)
- Authorized Representative (backup) along with CFO and SDO on federal grant submissions
- Maintain fundraising file systems (electronic and hard copy)
- Maintain pledge and gift information for federal auditors
- Maintain all subscription renewals
- Company phone support (as needed)
- Troubleshooting computers, printers and other office equipment (as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superb organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a non-profit organization
- Full-time with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.