Want to change the world with us?
Job Type: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to David Gordon. No calls, please.
Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
The Business Development Director is responsible for generating new revenue in both national and global markets for CAST by 1) securing partnerships, sponsorships, and other sources; and 2) licensing intellectual property, products, and services.
The Director will:
- Evaluate feasibility of generating new revenue with current or future projects, products, and services by scaling these through commercial arrangements
- Conduct outreach, build relationships, and close deals with potential partners
- Build a consultancy service around CAST’s signature framework, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), to:
- help publishers, technology firms, and other constituents infuse their products with inclusive best practices
- assist federal, private, state and local education agencies to identify, acquire and use inclusive and responsive products and services
- Identify revenue-generating ways to package and sell CAST’s products and services (books, professional development workshops, online courses and webinars, videos, and more)
- Establish and achieve ambitious business development targets and annual operating metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to give input on new projects, potential products, services, marketing materials, and to identify opportunities for revenue generation
- Provide timely reports to the Senior Leadership Team and CEO
Education & Experience Requirements
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a proven track-record in revenue generation, preferably in an edtech setting, and the ability to help this nonprofit find creative ways to meet its “mission and margin” goals
- 8-10 years relevant experience and a track record of success with the numbers to prove it
- College and/or graduate degree in business or equivalent helpful but not required
- Full-time with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- To start immediately
Our work environment is collaborative, high energy, fun, and stimulating. Join us to be part of a passionate learning community dedicated to busting the barriers to learning for all learners.
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly-qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our communities and nation.