At nonprofit CAST, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning.
Our staff is filled with people who are highly skilled, inquisitive, self-motivated, and risk-takers. Teamwork and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work and the way we think. Most importantly, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it.
We provide competitive compensation packages including health insurance, generous vacation, and flexible schedules.
If you do not see an opening below that matches your interest, we'd still like to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and resume/CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Though we cannot respond to each individual submission, we will review them all. If we see a match, we'll get in touch with you.
We are looking for an Interaction Designer to be part of our multidisciplinary team. CAST is an educational research and development firm that pioneered Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Called "one of the few big and truly transformative ideas to emerge in education over the past two decades" by Harvard Law dean Martha Minow, UDL guides the design of digital learning environments that are optimized to flexibly respond to individual learning differences.
As an Interaction Designer you will lead the visual, structural, and interaction design for online and mobile educational initiatives. You will work alongside learning scientists, curriculum and rich-media content developers, front-end developers, and engineers on projects to push the boundaries of Universal Design for Learning into innovative, usable, and engaging online and mobile learning environments.Position highlights:
- Help to create and build from design research and team input to ideate and iterate designs within an agile process
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to describe intended user experience
- Create prototypes at all levels of fidelity -- from sketching paper prototypes for co-design with end users, to generating wireframes, scenarios, and rapid prototypes, to working with coders on refined final iterations
- Create sophisticated and usable user interface design within a responsive design framework
Skills and experience optimal for this position:
- Skilled at interaction design, UI and visual design, information design
- Keen interest in design for educational environments
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related discipline (or document equivalent academic plus professional experience)
- Portfolio demonstrating solid design foundation, exceptional skills in interaction design, talent and facility with a range of design aesthetics
This is a full-time contract position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Portfolio required (provide URL). Please send resume to email@example.com.
CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our nation.Posted: